Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pop Art Color Scheme Paintings







   How did you develop your craft with these projects? What tools, methods and materials were essential to your success with these projects? 

I developed my craft through these projects by grasping a better understanding of how to depict color shading and the gradual changes of color of a given object.  I learned that not every object has one, single color.  In reality, shading can create a great effect on the "realness" of your painting, and can make the object look more realistic on paper.  Some of the tools and materials that were essential to my success were my original photos that I took of my object.  By referring to my photos, I had a better understanding of the areas of shading and where the color was lighter or darker.


      How did you use your skills of observation with these projects? How have these projects taught you to observe color? 


I used my skills of observation in these projects through examining the different shades of color of my photos and how to recreate them in a painting.  Also, by including different color schemes including monochromatic, analogous, and others, I learned how to present the paintings in a way that would catch someone's eye as a unique, realistic piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment