Tuesday, April 3, 2012

In Process Reflection


1. If you could sum up your piece in one line or title, what would it be?
Multi-dimensional.

2. What are three formal considerations that make up your piece?
Three formal considerations that make up my piece are using interconnected holes to show multiple views of the same figure, a laterally figured and narrow piece, and using a smooth, fluid movement that spreads out as legs on the bottom of the figure.  I chose these formal identities because all three of these ideas contribute to my overall goal and feel of the project; a piece that is simple but at the same time also features a multi-dimensional look that can be viewed from multiple perspectives and still have the same look from each side.  
My favorite aspect of this project is the freedom to make our piece be anything we can think of, and in doing so, figure out a way to sculpt it in such a way that it reflects our initial ideas.  For my piece, I wanted to create a figure that was simple but at the same time could be interpreted in multiple ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment